• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Tammy Faye Messner 1942-2007

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM 667MHz, 130GB HD
I'm surprised she lasted that long given the nature of that type of cancer. I'm not sure I'd want to live that long knowing something *will* spread and get worse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Although a little eccentric, she was actually a very kind and caring person. I feel sorry for her for having to go through that.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Although a little eccentric, she was actually a very kind and caring person. I feel sorry for her for having to go through that.

Agreed on all. Very sad. She must have suffered a lot.

M

MacHeadCase

Yeah she must have. I only knew her from the PTL thing with her former money grabbing televangilist husband, whatever his name was. I was surprised to find out she had divorced him.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Yeah she must have. I only knew her from the PTL thing with her former money grabbing televangilist husband, whatever his name was. I was surprised to find out she had divorced him.

I actually had watched the documentary they made on her life called "The Eyes of Tammy Faye" when it was on TV a month or so ago. I actually learned quite a bit that I didn't know. She was a very impressive person.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I actually had watched the documentary they made on her life called "The Eyes of Tammy Faye" when it was on TV a month or so ago. I actually learned quite a bit that I didn't know. She was a very impressive person.

I have that on videotape somewhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
I have a video of "Jim Baker" saying how he repented of his money-taking schemes along with Tammy Faye. Too much power and too tempting for folks to handle! :[

I do feel sorry for her too. She must have suffered a lot.
She was on Larry King when she only weighed 65 pounds, amazing that she had the energy to be there!
I understand that she was a very strong lady.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.