wireless mighty mouse problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
we have a wireless mighty mouse problem. it will only scroll down and side to side. all other functions work. i have tried to mess with the settings and nothing seems to work. can anyone help me out or lead me in the right direction?

TIA

Dylan

Reaction score
I have the same problem - for the second time. First time I took the mouse apart (which almost destroys the mouse) and cleaned the schroll ball sensors - found lots of dust and debris. Put the mouse back together using superglue - it worked fine for 6 months. Guess I've got to do this again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
When this has happened to me I get a soft damp cloth and turn the MM upsidedown and rub the scroll ball vigerously in all directions with the cloth that usually helps

How to clean your Mighty MouseAlthough your Mighty Mouse never needs to be fed or watered, you may occasionally find that you need to clean it.
If your Mighty Mouse is covered in fingerprints or its surface has become soiled, it can be gently wiped with a clean lint-free cloth. If necessary, moisten the cloth using only water, making sure not to oversaturate it. Be aware that the mouse contains electronic components that may be damaged if water drips from the cloth into the mouse via the seam around the scroll ball or around its underside.
The same procedure can be used to clean the scroll ball on your Mighty Mouse if it has become discolored or dirty. Use a clean lint-free cloth lightly moistened with water. Wipe the ball and the surrounding area, making sure to rotate the ball itself to ensure complete coverage. If the scrolling feels rough or if the scroll ball isn't scrolling up, down, or side-to-side, hold the mouse upside-down and roll the ball vigorously while cleaning it to help dislodge any particles that may have collected on the internal hardware.
For a QuickTime movie demonstration, click here (the movie is approximately 600 KB).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.