G5 tower, KVM, and display compatibility questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 12" 512mb 1.33 Ghz
I love my current G4 ibook, but I want something with more bang and a bigger display. I've more or less decided that the best option for me is a late model used G5 tower. I already have a PC desktop (which I intend to keep if almost exclusively to use for software that's not available on the mac). So my questions are:

First, can anyone recomend a good KVM switch? I am told that some seriously degrade video performance, but I want to be able to switch freely between the desktop mac and the desktop PC.

Second, while I think apple display's are the cat's meow, they're awfully expensive and even the cheapest 20" is far more than I want to spend. From what I can tell now, a 22" widescreen is the best bet in terms of price vs size vs performance. Will I need to worry about compatibility between a mac G5 tower and an LCD display?

Reaction score
i would get a iogear usb kvm switch part # is something like gs6306 it is about 30-50 depends where you buy it walmart now has it and so does amazon and newegg. i use it on my set up pc and mac and have no problems

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.