Firefox crashing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I anyone having trouble with Firefox crashing lately? I'm quietly browsing away when bam - it just disappears and I get the option to reopen it. It's only recent, it could be either the recent FF updates or 10.4.10.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
I had Firefox crash yesterday for the first time, uuummmm, ever, I was trying to remove an icon from the toolbar, opened the customize window and it froze, I'm running 2.0.0.5.

OP
knightlie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, that's the same version I am, and that's the sort of random crash I get. I'm slowly switching to Camino, FF is starting to suffer more problems lately.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Yeah, that's the same version I am, and that's the sort of random crash I get. I'm slowly switching to Camino, FF is starting to suffer more problems lately.

I wonder if it's something with the latest update? I have not used it enough yet to have any issues as I use Safari and Camino mostly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
No crashes for me in 2.0.0.5.

And I regularly run 2 copies of Firefox (in 2 different Firefox profiles).

OP
knightlie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wonder if it's something with the latest update? I have not used it enough yet to have any issues as I use Safari and Camino mostly.

I have FF running almost constantly on my MacBook, and it'll crash occasionally, perhaps every couple of days. It's certainly since the 2.0.0.5 update, but 2.0.0.4 may have been doing it too. I think I'll just switch to Camino - despite it's limitations it seems a better app than FF.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.