Internet not working

Reaction score
Hello, i am trying to fix my dad's imac. I know very little about macs, but i am an expert at windows therefore being better at mac than he is. Here is the problem which i have spent hours trying to solve. The airport is not working nor is it showing up, the ethernet cable is not showing up.. basically the ethernet card appear to be not working. Now i dont know how macs inners work, but i a pc, the ethernet and wireless cards are seperate, therefore a problem with both at the same time points to a third problem linking them.. and nothing to do with the hardware itself. Again they could be the same part for all i know about macs. So basically, the airport is nowhere to be found on the computer, not in the airport icon on the top bar, not in system preferences, not anywhere else. And a similiar problem with the ethernet card. There is absolutely no way of connecting to the internet on it at the moment. Everythig else seems intact, we have tried reinstalling mac, everything.

Thanks for any help, sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Moving to Airport and Networking forum...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.