MBP Ship time: normal?

Reaction score
hey guys, so i ordered my first mac, custom configured (+160gb hd) a 15" 2.2 MBP on the tenth of july. the original shipping time was between 7-10 days. later the time increased to 9-14 days. now its been ten days and its still listed as 'not yet shipped'. all the other products i ordered where changed to 'prepared for shipment' on the first day of the estimated shipping time.

is this normal? i called apple twice and all they were able to do was read me the order status web page... the only reason im worried is because im moving to europe before august and didnt think apple would need over two weeks to send me a laptop.

can anyone share their experiences concerning this?

thanks so much, guys! :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
I think Apple is currently running short of supply for all 15" LED display MBPs. Since yours is being built to order, it'd obviously take longer. Just be patience while they sort things out, you'll eventually receive your MBP.

P.S. If you ordered from the online Apple store then your stuff should be shipped from China (if I'm correct).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
Macbook Pro's take a longer time to ship because of the LED issue noted above.

I ordered my Macbook on Tuesday, it was shipped out on Wednesday and it will be here on Monday (since they only operate on weekdays). So basically it was shipped out within one day and then traveling for 3.5 days (I got expedited shipping, but I've heard that Macbooks arrive fairly quickly).

OP
L
Reaction score
Macbook Pro's take a longer time to ship because of the LED issue noted above.

I ordered my Macbook on Tuesday, it was shipped out on Wednesday and it will be here on Monday (since they only operate on weekdays). So basically it was shipped out within one day and then traveling for 3.5 days (I got expedited shipping, but I've heard that Macbooks arrive fairly quickly).

lucky you! no one order a 'custom configured' MBP lately?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
They're running low because they just updated the line with LED screens, and since its a relatively new technology not many are being manufactured and MacBook Pros are taking up alot of the supply.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
P.S. If you ordered from the online Apple store then your stuff should be shipped from China (if I'm correct).
Can anyone confirm this? I'm pretty sure they are all not shipped directly from China.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think most are shipped from China.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G
Yup. My MBP was ordered on july 7th, custom aswell. I recieved my speck case, wireless mighty mouse, wireless keyboard, and free ipod 2 days after. The computer i have been eyeing down like a hawk and ONLY TODAY the 21st The status changed to SHIPPED. I am so happy man, and yes it's from Shanghai. It'll be here monday I hope.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yup. My MBP was ordered on july 7th, custom aswell. I recieved my speck case, wireless mighty mouse, wireless keyboard, and free ipod 2 days after. The computer i have been eyeing down like a hawk and ONLY TODAY the 21st The status changed to SHIPPED. I am so happy man, and yes it's from Shanghai. It'll be here monday I hope.

I didn't think that Apple had any shipping changes during the weekend? The tracking page has said "departed FedEx location" (which is Memphis) since Friday, so I'm guessing it's on its way to Buffalo, or is waiting there right now but nothing will be updated until Monday. Anyway, the bottom line is that I expect to get it on Monday, and I ordered it last Monday or Tuesday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro: 2.2 gHz, 120gb, glossy. STOLEN :(
hm... with everyone saying that the mbp's are taking longer to ship, i might have to order mine soon so i can receive it before school starts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
It'll be either shipped from Shanghai or Shenzhen. Most likely from Shanghai. :)

Reaction score
I wonder if they are available at the Apple Store? I am buying mine a a couple weeks and was going to the store.

OP
L
Reaction score
it finally shipped! today, the 23rd, my MBP is finally leaving shanghai.... should be here by wednesday! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mine's coming today :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G
Mines not. I ordered on the 7th, it was shipped th3 21st from shanghi. Now on the 23 it's in Anchorage Alaska at a FEDEX location!!! Jaline let me know if yours came today because you live in Ottawa and I'm in Toronto. This waiting is killing me...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mine is a Macbook though. I did receive mine today but I have to return it because they didn't get my order right.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro: 2.2 gHz, 120gb, glossy. STOLEN :(
Well... I took the plunge since people were saying shipping times for the MPB would be long, and so I ordered my MPB today and it will be shipping out from anywhere between August 3-8 and coming in from August 7-14. Not so bad... can't wait though!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte, Macbook Pro 2.2 gHz, 2 GB Ram, 120GB HDD
I am so mad, because I have to wait for a new credit card to come in the mail so I can order my MacBook Pro. It is the 2.2 and I will also be upgrading the HDD to 160 GB, like you. I have to wait for the credit card because I don't have any cards with differed billing with no interest for a year, which is what I need. (I am only 15, and will be paying my mom around $200 a month for a year). Hope the purchase pays off.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.