Family Plan

Reaction score
Please check my math on the AT&T iPhone Family Plan with two lines. 1400 minutes = $100 for first line + $30 for second = $130 + tax. I qualify for an educational discount so I guess I can subtract .06%. Am I missing hidden fees?

Thanks,

Sam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Where do you get the educational discount from? Pricing looks the same at Apple.com, is that through Cingular?

OP
S
Reaction score
Family

Where do you get the educational discount from? Pricing looks the same at Apple.com, is that through Cingular?

I got it from Apple. Does AT&T have conflicting prices?

I'm a university professor so, according to AT&T, I get a 6% break on the monthly.

What do you know about hidden fees?

Thanks,

Sam

Reaction score
better look into the fine print for data transfers greater than 300K/ I think they chage out the you know what for any bits over 300K

I took this below form this site...
http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2007/07/whats-hidden-in-iphones-fine-print.html

9) International Messages Are Charged Additional Fees as Are Files Over 300Kbps.

...While it cost nothing extra to send an email overseas using the Internet, AT&T has decided that all messages outside the US or larger than 300 K should cost extra:

“International messages not included. Charges for international messages sent from the U.S. are 20¢ for Text Messages and 50¢ for Picture/Video Messages. Additional charges for premium messages and content apply. Messages over 300 KBs billed an additional 50¢/message.”

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I don't think you can apply any kind of discount the the iPhone or related plans. That was what was said when they first sold at least. Maybe if you just add the $20 iPhone data to an existing plan you can keep the existing discount on that part.

Reaction score
There are no discounts available on rate plans if the iPhone is attached to the account. If you have an old plan and add an iPhone it will remove the discount.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.