Are these valid reasons to postpone buying a macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.16 GHz 1GB ram 160 GB HD
I have been saving my money this summer to buy a black macbook and finally have enough.

I’m planning on waiting until Aug. 3 because that is the first day of the tax-free weekend in NC and it will save me about a hundred dollars. After doing a little research online, I am wondering if I should postpone my purchase.

Here are a few questions:

1) Is it worth waiting for Leopard to come out before I buy one?

2) I heard rumors that the macbook is going to be thinner and made out of a new material… is there any truth to this?

3) Kind of a silly question (and not related to postponing purchase) but, is the apple wireless mouse worth buying (as opposed to the wireless mouse I already have)?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Are these valid reasons to postpone buying a macbook?
My opinion?.... no, they aren't.
If you want it and can afford it now, there is no reason to wait.

As far as the rumors... you should get out of the habit of listening to them now. The vast majority of them are simply wild speculation with no basis or grounds in any fact.
The ones that do "come true" are either luck of the draw or the rumor was so simple and extremely likely to happen eventually anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
^ agreed.

If you need it now, buy it now.
Even if you don't "need" it, I doubt the updates are going to be that major that soon.

Reaction score
well i'm waiting for leopard personally but thats only because i don't need it right now........if you NEED it now then get it, if you dont then you might as well wait for leopard and see if any of the speculation comes true.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.16 GHz 1GB ram 160 GB HD
I've decided I'm just going to go ahead and get it now.

I have a dell inspiron that I use right now that works fine but I'm just too excited about the mac and don't want to miss out on the tax-free savings. With the $100 I save I can always put that toward Leopard if I want it later.

Thanks for the advice.:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.