• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

log and capture help

Reaction score
hi
when i use my final cut pro 4.5 hd and connect my sony handycam it some time wont show in the preview screen it starts off working but if i start and stop a lot or slow mo it it freezes but the controls still work through log and capture but just wont show current frame?
HELP

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Are you capturing your clips one at a time?
It might be easier if you log your clips first, then do a batch capture.
That way you can just "set it and forget it" :)

As far as the controls 'freezing', it could be due to RAM issues. How much RAM do you have and what machine are you capturing the footage on?

OP
S
Reaction score
g4 dual 533mhz digital audio with 768 ram
i capture one at a time because it is surfing skimboarding or skateboarding and a lot of the file is junk and stuff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
g4 dual 533mhz digital audio with 768 ram
i capture one at a time because it is surfing skimboarding or skateboarding and a lot of the file is junk and stuff
That is even more of a reason to do a batch capture. You go through the whole tape once, logging clips, then one final step captures it.

And you would definitely benefit from more RAM. The dualie G4 is fine as it is. I have FCP 4.5 on my PowerBook (1.67 GHz) and I have 2GB of RAM. That might be overkill in your situation, but you might want to consider upping your RAM to at least 1GB if you plan on doing some more regular work with the app.

OP
S
Reaction score
yea will i am selling this computer just using it till my g4 mirrored door dual 1.0 with 2gb of ram shows up
thanks and ill try that

OP
S
Reaction score
help with capturing video in FCP

i have final cut pro 4.5 hd and i am using a sony dcr-hc21 and a jvc and sometimes when i go to capture video to the mac it just want work it will say no video it will start off ok but it just craps out sometime and wont even show video in the preview box. can anyone help me ?
thanls

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.