External Display

Reaction score
I’m after a mid-range monitor for photography, ideally I would rather just buy something high-end but with most of my money going towards a Macbook Pro I don’t have lots to spare. Tonight I was in Tesco and I noticed a nice HP monitor and would just like to know what you guys think of it, and also what I should be looking for in a monitor,

/Ste

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
I think you should go one more bump at a 20" at least, because the 19" only do the 1440x768, which is okay, but 20 inchers will go up to slightly higher resolution.

When I'm doing Photoshop work I really like having lots of screen real estate. Granted, the external gives you a lot more room when spanned, but if you're going to sink the £££'s, you should go as high as you can.

OP
S
Reaction score
I have £150 to budget towards an external display, so what would you suggest in my price bracket? I would prefer widescreen but its not necessary, also I don’t want to go too big because I already have a 26” TV in the room and want the difference between PC and TV obvious lol :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 80GB 2GHz C2D 1GB RAM | iPod Nano 3G 8GB
I think you should go one more bump at a 20" at least, because the 19" only do the 1440x768, which is okay, but 20 inchers will go up to slightly higher resolution.

When I'm doing Photoshop work I really like having lots of screen real estate. Granted, the external gives you a lot more room when spanned, but if you're going to sink the £££'s, you should go as high as you can.

Umm...they do 1440x900, not 1440x768.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.0 Ghz C2D, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD

Same i did, and dont regret it! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Umm...they do 1440x900, not 1440x768.

I was too lazy to switch to the tab that had the resolution listed. That, or that's what my HDTV does when I use it as a monitor. :Evil:

I'm not sure what is available in a 20" at £150 since I'm kind of not in the UK, so I'm not experienced with sales over there, and such. (Aren't you glad this ugly American uses proper monitary units when addressing our buddies over the pond?) ;D

I'm sure the 19" at the aforementioned resolution (see? I'm too lazy to type the actual value) would be fine, I just know that I'd spring for the 20". I'm sure someone will come along and link a great deal that is also available to our UK lot.

OP
S
Reaction score
I'm sure the 19" at the aforementioned resolution (see? I'm too lazy to type the actual value) would be fine, I just know that I'd spring for the 20". I'm sure someone will come along and link a great deal that is also available to our UK lot.

I Hope so because its so hard to find good deals in the UK :'(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.