Auto sync

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac aluminium. 500GB, 4GB, 2Ghz and whatever else is in there...
I've recently got me a brand spanking iPod. I love it more than life itself!

Only thing is, I told it to be manually managed, and now I want to auto syc, but only selected playlists. But iTunes is telling me that it'll delete all my music before it sycs my playlists... but I don't want it to! How do I make it work???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I've recently got me a brand spanking iPod. I love it more than life itself!

Only thing is, I told it to be manually managed, and now I want to auto syc, but only selected playlists. But iTunes is telling me that it'll delete all my music before it sycs my playlists... but I don't want it to! How do I make it work???

tis a mystery bud, i got my ipod last weekend and i don't quite get the syncing business tbh i don't think anyone around here does.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
tis a mystery bud, i got my ipod last weekend and i don't quite get the syncing business tbh i don't think anyone around here does.

LOL... really????

Syncing will "sync" what you have on your iTunes to your iPod.
When It says it will delete your music, it is referring to the music on the iPod, as what ever is on your iPod will be replaced with whatever is on your iTunes.

What I do is set iTunes to Manually Manage Music, I also have it set to Enable Disk use. Just drug and drop what ever playlists/songs, etc to your ipod.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac aluminium. 500GB, 4GB, 2Ghz and whatever else is in there...
Yeah, that's what I'm doing, but it'd be nice if the playlists on my pod updated when I update them on iTunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP - 2.2GHz C2D, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD, GeForce 8600M GT w/ 128MB DDR3
Do you have items on your iPod that you don't have on your computer? If not, then auto sync will do what you want it to. Auto sync loads your playlists onto your iPod along w/ all the files. Also, if you answered no to the above question, the only thing (I think) that will change about your iPod is the updated playlists. Auto sync away!

-B

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.