UK What Camera????

Reaction score
Hi,

I need a digital camera but there are thousands, please help me choose one.

I'll start you with some needs of mine:

1)Needs to be cheap- no more than £150
2)Good Quality 5MP or More
3)Easy and very very simple, don't need loads of settings (I'm a Camera Noob - I don't even know what ISO means!!)
4)Not that bothered about storage
5)Not bothered about any video capabilitys
6)Big Screen would be useful

Could someone recommend one please,

Thanks so much

Tim

N.B Not taking pictures of anythin in paticular- If that makes a difference to any Lens or what-not

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
Check Out These

Oh and by the way ISO is the system used to indicate light sensitivity of the film's emulsion. So basically you use a higher ISO for when there is less light

Reaction score
Richmond, VA, a native of Chapel Hill, N.C.
Your Mac's Specs
17' iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16 1g ram | iPod Photo 60gb | 2G Shuffle
The higher the ISO, the more light you can capture, but the quality of the image goes down. On film cameras, it refers to film speeds, however, on a digital camera, the standards are a bit different. Loss is visible as noise, rather than a larger grain. Here's a quick wiki-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_5800:1987#Digital_camera_ISO_speed_and_exposure_index

A wiki for every question. Good luck getting a camera ! I am a fan of Sony for point-and-shoot cameras.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2GHtz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD. 16Gb iPT Jailbroken.
I recently got a Sony DSC-W100 for £130 from work (end-on-line discount and staff discount), currently £260 on Amazon. Can't fault it, but wouldn't pay full price for it.

I was considering one of the Olympus Stylus 7 series, most likely the 760. Loads of Olympus refurbs on eBay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
I can recommend the Pentax Optio S7, I have that as a little hand held in addition to my DSLR. It is really quite good, and the macro on it is fab. Viewfinder wouldn't go a miss though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.