RapidWeaver/iWeb for Windows?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
My uncle wants to design his own website, and is wanting know the best way to go about it. I know he could use a mixture of Photoshop and Dreamweaver, but those programs take time to learn and since I haven't used Dreamweaver for any more than about 10 minutes before I can't help him with it.

I've done a few websites in the past, but have always used RapidWeaver, and was wondering if there's anything that's nearly as good in the Windows world that I could recommend?

Any other advice is also welcome.

EDIT: It needs to have some sort of online commerce capability.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
Recommend? Recommend he buy a Mac. ;)

Other than that, I dunno what to tell you...I resorted to coding my own webpages in plan html before I switched to Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
dreamweaver is actually very simple to use once you get going, i figured it out in less that half an hour.(not a pro at it or anything, just the basics). plus i'm sure you could find loads of tutorials for it just by searching google.

OP
Levi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
snoslicer8 said:
Recommend? Recommend he buy a Mac.

Other than that, I dunno what to tell you...I resorted to coding my own webpages in plan html before I switched to Mac.

Lol, so did I. I did use one of these template based programs once, but the results where so poor I might as well have done it by hand.

As for buying a Mac, it's just not right for him (I did think about it though).

ki99 said:
dreamweaver is actually very simple to use once you get going, i figured it out in less that half an hour.(not a pro at it or anything, just the basics). plus i'm sure you could find loads of tutorials for it just by searching google.

Yeah, I think this is the way I'm gonna advise; but Photoshop confuses him as it is, and then Dreamweaver's just another obstacle ... but for what he wants it might be the only option. I know there's plenty of books and online tutorials, so I guess if he really wants it he'll just have to give up his time.

Reaction score
Dreamweaver if definately the way to go I would say.
Overall it is a very simple application.

You don't HAVE to use Photoshop, its optional. You could use another image editor.

Its a good idea to keep things simple.

I remember when I learned Dreamweaver... a long time ago there was a tutorial somewhere in the help menu that guides you through the setup or a fictional site.

Have a look for that maybe?

Reaction score
I work on Windows since ever. I'm a developer but not a designer, so I need something doing the graphical part for me. I've been looking for years for a rapid site builder: tried dozens. No one satisfied me at all.

I bought a Mac desktop a few months ago and discovered Rapidweaver. The program on its own is a very good reason for moving to Mac!!!

I'm still looking for a similar program on Windows, since my laptop is still running on it. No way, guys. Still surfing on the high seas...

Reaction score
Not exactly a brilliant alternative, but i used Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 to create pages on windows. Although its more similar to dreamweaver than the easy to use rapidweaver.

Reaction score
i'd go out and buy a Mac but if you have to use PC i would go with Dreamweaver

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.