HELP!!!! Wont Boot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.16Ghz core2duo, 1GB, superdrive
Today i was happily using my macbook which i have had no problems with since i purchased it and it just turned off. Now when i try to turn it on it gets to the grey screen at the beginning and plays the start of the sound it plays on startup and then dies. The battery is 3/4 full and i have tried it with and without the cord.

I have removed and replaced the battery to no avail.

Basically i was too lazy to back up yesterday so i really need my files which are on it today or tommorow. Please help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2 GHz Core Duo/1 GB Ram/80 GB HD
Reset the PRAM. it might work. when you turn it on, before the screen lights up, hold option, command, P, and R.

OP
jenic
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.16Ghz core2duo, 1GB, superdrive
Well i tried loads of stuff but ended up ringing them. Really good easy process, straight through to someone english who treated me like someone who isnt an idiot like most tech supports do. He could tell that i knew a bit about computers and got straight to the point. Tried a couple of last things and in the end he told me i needed to take it to a service centre.

Great i thought, all the way to manchester since thats my closest apple shop and ive just been there on tuesday, but no, there was an authorised service centre in a closer town, so i took it straight down and it will be fixed tomorrow if no parts are requred from apple or early next week if parts are needed.

Now thats what i call service !!!!!!

If i had bought a windows machine from my work i'd be looking at 1-2 months for the same repair.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.