Speakers..

Reaction score
When i purchase my new MB i am going o play a lot of music on it so will want a decent set of speakers becasue im guessong the built in speakers will not be anywhere near powerfull enough for what im after (I want to be able to play my music quite loud!!) Can anyone reccomend to me some decent speakers or head me in the right place to find some!! One big catch tho: My budget is £50 (im guessing thats about $100?) I would personally prefer apple speakers but i can't find any so any speakers you would reccomend or have please tell me about them

Thanks

Adam :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
I think this is bit too expensive for your budget but still worth considering. You need this for OS X support.

2354.1.0.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro. 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7 running OSX 10.14.6, 16GB Ram
I got some Bose Companion 3 speakers, about £200. Two little trebles and then a large base with seperate volume cotroller. Really fantastic, recommended.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I have the companion 3's as well - really nice speakers, but the JBL Spot speakers aren't bad either and a fair bit cheaper too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Do you already have a home stereo? If so, just run it through that and save the money...if not, save your money because what £50 will buy you won't exactly be the greatest thing in the world if you want something you can crank up...and remember, if you're buying speakers to plug into the computer directly, you'll need ones that are self powered...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD
Agree my jbl creature's II work real well

M

MacHeadCase

Try to find a store that has Klipsch speakers: they are awesome, better than what I have heard in any computer speakers to date. Not sure but Klipsch might have a distribution problem in the UK though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.0 Ghz C2D, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD
Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation! I was looking at the Creatures (£50) and the Harman Kardon Soundsticks II (£100) and couldn't decide. Has anyone got any opinions if it's worth paying the extra?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I actually bought a set of Logitech speakers a bit like that.. they sounded fairly good, but the subwoofer was far to boomy and the mids were just not there. Unless you can place your sub on your desk I'd avoid them.

Reaction score
I think this is bit too expensive for your budget but still worth considering. You need this for OS X support.

I would definately buy these speakers if I could get them to work perfectly with OS X. How exactly would you go about executing this hack?

OP
A
Reaction score
yes i liked the look of those speakers to but i like the control on the cheaper ones (the seperate bit to turn up volume!) im very fussy!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 1.83GHz, 1.25GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, ipod 30GB Video
I have had the Bose companions for two and a half years now and I love the sound from them, the only thing is they are hooked up to my desktop (Dell) and since I got my MacBook, I've not listened to them as much as I sould.:(

T

todd51

Bose are of course the top brand in name of speakers, but most of their products might be out of the price range.

I highly recommend Logitech or Klipsch speakers. They both are very nice and have good sound quality. Try to get a 2.1 setup going since I think having a subwoofer is a must.

I doubt I will ever be able to go back to listening to music with out a subwoofer of some kind.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2 GBs Ram, 250gb My Book, 500gb Lacie,40gb 3rd Gen ipod,60gb ipod video
I also have the creature 2 speakers, I think they would be perfect considering your budget.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
i have the Klipsch thx

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.