Speakers..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
those JBL's arent that good i tested them out the speakers look cool but if you like to rock out lol like i do and listen to music loud i think you will be disappointed

OP
A
Reaction score
What are the most powerful speakers you can get for £60? or if you don't know a particular model maybe a certain brand because there seems to be alot of mixed views here...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.0 Ghz C2D, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD
those JBL's arent that good i tested them out the speakers look cool but if you like to rock out lol like i do and listen to music loud i think you will be disappointed

I hear alot of music on my Creature II, also very loud and i think they have a verry awesome sound.

OP
A
Reaction score
has anyone heard of Advent? i saw some like but don't know if they are any good?

OP
A
Reaction score
Went into PC World today and was told the best speakers in my price range are either logitech or creative!! I have found some logitech ones i like what do you think anyone have these???:
Logitech Speakers

Reaction score
Went into PC World today and was told the best speakers in my price range are either logitech or creative!! I have found some logitech ones i like what do you think anyone have these???:
Logitech Speakers

Don't trust them! They're PC users!
Anyway they don't sell JBL... Do they? - So they wouldn't tell you to get JBL

M

MacHeadCase

Creative, best speakers for your money? Oh dear...

I agree with iRock on this: of course, they'll try to push on you what they sell. They're not going to flat out say you can get better at another store...

OP
A
Reaction score
Your both wrong they had the JBL creature speakers there which are more expensive than the logitech he suggested: I asked him bout them and he said: "Personally i think your getting much more for your money with the logitech z-3i compared to the JBl creatures speakers also they give a better sound!!!" he then gave a "demo" of them both and i must agtree the logitech sounded much better...

M

MacHeadCase

And I'm not a fan of JBL speakers either. I would go either Klipsch or Altec Lansing for quality sounding music.

JBL, you pay for the design not the sound coming out of them IMO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
the JBL speakers are a love hate thing. Some people love them, but I think they sound like crap, and wouldn't spend the money on them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
The best set of speakers I had where Yamaha (going back about 5/6 years here), they where even better than the ones on my Sony Hi-Fi at the time. After I broke them, I inherited some Harmon/Kardon ones (they cost £150 at the time), but they're no where near as good (still a lot better than most computer speakers though).

OP
A
Reaction score
Mac head case: JBL, you pay for the design not the sound coming out of them IMO.

Stretch: the JBL speakers are a love hate thing. Some people love them, but I think they sound like crap, and wouldn't spend the money on them.

I agrre with this 100%!! IMO i think the creature speakers look horrible!! I have just bought logitech k-4i speakers of ebay (brand new) rrp is £80 i got them for £30!! great offer!! Are klipsh available in the UK cuz no shops sold them?? i have heard logitech are really good so lets hope so!!!

M

MacHeadCase

I tried to see if there was a Klipsch distributor for the UK the other day and, while there are for plenty of other European countries, I just couldn't find any.

Maybe you can try contacting them to see what you could do for this and if they do have a distributor or reseller in the UK...

OP
A
Reaction score
I'm not to bothered i have got my spekares now just wandering if u culd purchase in the UK thts all: for future referance!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.