OSX equivalent to Daemon Tools?

Reaction score
Hello all!

So I'm enjoying my MacBook Pro quite a bit, but recently have been wishing I could mount CD images as I could back in my windows days with Daemon tools.

Believe it or not, I own a copy of Warcraft 3 (and Frozen Throne - I play DotA :)), but I hate putting my CDs in when I want to play, so in my Windows days (not that long ago ;)) I made CD images and just always had them mounted.

Any any software to do this in OSX? I have sort of played around with Disk Utility because it seems to handle (in ways) disk images, but I'm sort of at a loss.

Thanks for any help!
<3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
I think you can do it Disk Utility, but I know you can do it in Toast. Some people have said that for games to recognize the image as a genuine disk, you have to use Toast 7 and not the new Toast 8, but as I've never tried it I can't confirm or deny.

In any case Toast is a handy program to have.

OP
shoelessone
Reaction score
I think you can do it Disk Utility, but I know you can do it in Toast. Some people have said that for games to recognize the image as a genuine disk, you have to use Toast 7 and not the new Toast 8, but as I've never tried it I can't confirm or deny.

In any case Toast is a handy program to have.

Toast huh? I think i've heard it mentioned before... I'll check it out!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro. 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7 running OSX 10.14.6, 16GB Ram
Maybe I'm being ignorant but don't you need to rip the disk first then use iDisk to mount it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
Actually, in Disk Utility, have you tried File>New>Disk Image From (you should select your WoW disk) and then do it that way?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Some discs will work when mounted with Disk Utility, others require mounting via Toast as Levi suggested...

Give it a try and see how you get on.

Reaction score
Weird thing to try

Hello all!

So I'm enjoying my MacBook Pro quite a bit, but recently have been wishing I could mount CD images as I could back in my windows days with Daemon tools.

Believe it or not, I own a copy of Warcraft 3 (and Frozen Throne - I play DotA :)), but I hate putting my CDs in when I want to play, so in my Windows days (not that long ago ;)) I made CD images and just always had them mounted.

Any any software to do this in OSX? I have sort of played around with Disk Utility because it seems to handle (in ways) disk images, but I'm sort of at a loss.

Thanks for any help!
<3

I just bought a new mac not too long ago and i transfered my folder that contain my installed games such as Warcraft III (i play that myself and World of warcraft) i simply copied it to an external hardrive and then copied it into my new mac and i didnt have to install Warcraft or anything and now i can simply play without the CD i found it weird that i didnt need a cd to play but thought it was normal until i seen your thread.. anyways u wont lose anyting by trying this its awsome!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.