Upgrading Question

Reaction score
I am upgrading from my Ibook to a Mac Book Pro... i thougt there was a way to transfer everything over (settings, software, desktop config, etc).. please let know if this is possible and how to go about doing it.

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You'll need a 6 pin to 6 pin firewire cable. When you first set up your new MBP it'll ask you whether you want to migrate your settings from another Mac. Follow the instruction and it will copy everything over.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
I am upgrading from my Ibook to a Mac Book Pro... i thougt there was a way to transfer everything over (settings, software, desktop config, etc).. please let know if this is possible and how to go about doing it.

cheers

This process is totally possible, you just need a firewire cable. Up on your first ever MBP boot up, you will be asked whether you'd like to transfer everything from your old mac to the new one. Simply follow the instruction, sit back, relax and in an hour or two - "everything" will be magically transferred. Go ahead and buy the new MBP, it's a fantastic machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.