Big_Problem

Reaction score
I have a big problem i think,
I installed a Windows XP on my iMac (intel), i delated all mac partitions.Next
I formatted my Windows XP discs, and now when i'm trying boot Mac os x 1.4.4 with option key i have to choose Windows partition or Mac OS X disc.
When i'm choosing Mac Os X it's starting and shows information:
panic (cpu 0 caller 0x00399CA3): unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI"
Can anyone help me???

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
And What to do next???

That depends on what your goal is. If you deleted the Mac OS X partitions, one would assume you just want to run XP. If not, you'll need to boot the system with your OS X install disc and repartition and reinstall the operating system.

OP
A
Reaction score
re

I want install Mac OS x but when i'm doing it, it shows me
panic (cpu 0 caller 0x00399CA3): unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI"
And this command with shut down computer is showing...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I want install Mac OS x but when i'm doing it, it shows me
And this command with shut down computer is showing...

So, you're booting off the install CD (CD is inserted and you're holding the C key down to force it to boot off the CD) and that is when the message is displayed?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

It doesn't sound as though it's actually booting from the CD. It sounds like your EFI (the Mac version of BIOS) is trying to boot from a non-existent partition.

Aside from calling Apple tech support, I would suggest trying a PRAM reset (turn the machine on and immediately press and hold Command-Option-P-R, hold until the system chimes 3 times). Then, I would insert the CD and power off the machine. Then, power the machine on, hold the C key and allow it to boot off the machine.

If that doesn't work, I don't know that there's much else you can do besides taking it in for service.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Is the CD the one that came with it? Remember they are not interchangeable.

Reaction score
Does this mean I can delete the OS X partition on my MacBook and run Vista "natively?" I have no use for OS X, but I love Mac hardware.

If so, is there any way to reclaim the disk space used by the potentially deleted OS X partition?

Thanks in advance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.