help ! cleaning lens ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
The best thing to use is an anti-static cloth... which you can pick up from basically anywhere that sells cameras.

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
yh it is a Canon 350d DSLR i have found out it isnt on the lenses but on the mirror/part inside the camera.

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i have cleaned the sensor with air and a small cotton bud. seems fine.

is it ok to clean the lens (top) not the camera end. part with these wipes ? i use them on my computer, phone screens but are they ok with the lens ?

thanks

Photo 79.jpg

M

MacHeadCase

i have cleaned the sensor with air and a small cotton bud. seems fine.

is it ok to clean the lens (top) not the camera end. part with these wipes ? i use them on my computer, phone screens but are they ok with the lens ?

thanks

We have the same camera you and I, chris!

To clean my lenses and lens filters, I use 95% alcohol (have to go to the liquor store to buy it) and wipe them with Microdear cloths. It's the only solution I could find that wouldn't leave any type of residue or fibres on my lenses.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
egads!!! don't clean the sensor with a dry swab...can be bad...especially one that's cotton and has fibers in it...it can make a bigger mess than what was there.

Generally just using a blower will do the trick. If you have any other stubborn particles that won't dislodge, use a wet cleaning system...

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok ta ' village idiot'

macheadcase i have found that the dirt is definatly on the mirror or something inside the camera.

also. i dont quite get u. are those wipes ok to use ? i wont until i get a reply.

thanks

M

MacHeadCase

Chris, I did reply to you, sorry for not being clear. To clean lenses, I only use what I posted above the alcohol and the Microdears. Never under any circumstance use wipes for the interior mechanism of your camera.

Those wipes are specially formulated for LCD screens not for digital camera mirrors OR lenses. And never use cotton buds: they leave absorbent cotton debris and it can only make matters worse.

The Digital Rebel XT had a section in the User's Manual in how to clean the camera, CMOS sensor and mirror. Take a look and follow the manufacturer's recommendations.

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok thanks. i will read the part of the manual. if not will get it done in a camera shop.

thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.