Gaming

Reaction score
Hi, i'm wondering if anyone has ever played CS 1.6/Source WITH CROSSOVER on a Mac Pro with specs that are moderately close to the ones below:

Two 2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Mac OS X - U.S. English
4GB (4 x 1GB)
ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512MB

...also if you have ever played using bootcamp that may be an option i'm willing to take.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2 GBs Ram, 250gb My Book, 500gb Lacie,40gb 3rd Gen ipod,60gb ipod video
I've used boot camp to play source/half life 2 and they ran fine with my older core duos specs. You should have no problems with your specs there. Crossover is slower of course but it works fine for 1.6, I have yet to use it for source or half life 2 though. If I had a larger hard drive I would definitely use boot camp, but i'm trying to save space thus I use crossover.

OP
M
Reaction score
Oh thanks! :D I think i'll just use the trial of CrossOver first to see how it works and if I don't like it then i'll just download bootcamp and buy vista ultimate ^_^

OP
M
Reaction score
Ok I want to know..with those specs..how do you think my Mac will perform running Counter-Strike: Source using CrossOver? Like do you think i'll get at least 100 fps? or is that too much to bargain for?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.