Omg I Broke It I Need Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16ghz, 1gb Ram, 120gb Hdd|iBook- 800mhz, 512Ram, 30gb HDD
Hey guys

Seems I've landed in a spot of trouble. I formatted my mac and now it just goes to the boot screen, has the circle spinning with the grey background and sits there. It also won't let me eject the cd

can anyone help me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Is this your MacBook? You formatted the hard drive, yes? You were intending to wipe your system?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Need to go to bed shortly so I'll be offline, though some of the other nocturnal members may be able to assist. Until then, here are a couple hints.

Sounds as if you reformatted your MacBook hard disk. What you have now is a blank system - tabula rasa. There are other words to describe it, but they're not allowed on M-F.

Use Google to find out how to eject the CD, or search the forums here. You're not the first to have done this. I know there's a way to eject it, but I don't know exactly what it is.

If indeed you formatted your hard drive, you need to reinstall everything to return to a working computer. You'll need the installation media - DVDs - to do this. The owners manual should tell you how to do this. If not, just go to the Apple website to find out how to do it. Frankly you should be able to simply insert the first DVD and follow the instructions.

The horrible bottom line is that if you really did reformat your hard drive, everything you had is gone. Recovery of anything on the drive is essentially impossible, short of having LOTS of money.

Good luck to you. I'll be online in about 7 hours or so. Hope things go well for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Santa Rosa 15" 2.4Ghz, 8600M GT 256MB Gfx, 2GB RAM
It sounds to me as if you intended to clear your computer by formatting it. Just use the recovery DVDs to put Mac OS X back on the hard disk.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Try rebooting your system, then press and hold the click button on your track pad. That should eject the CD or DVD that is in the drive. As everyone has suggested you will need your recovery disk in order to re-install the OS on your now OS less system.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.