iBook cannot connect to wireless network...

Reaction score
Ok, so here's the deal, we have a wireless setup at the house. Password protected, no big deal. My girlfriend has a Macbook pro, and she connects fine, I even typed the password in myself on her Mac, to confirm I'm just not a bad speller, and it of course connected. But on my G4, it recognizes the network, but when I go to type in the password it says "There was an error when trying to join the selected network".

So a little background, bought this thing, needed a HD, swapped one out from an older iBook. Now, this HD has OS 10.2.8, which I know is not the most recent copy, or even the copy that is supposed to come on the G4's. Could this be causing my issue? That's the only thing I can point it to. But maybe someone can help me out.

Also, the standard hardline works fine, I am posting this from the iBook at this time. So I know it's not a router problem.

Thanks!

Steve

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Just curious, is your Key WEP 128-Bit HEX? WPA? WPA2?

I have never tried Wireless on 10.2 Jaguar so not sure how it works with Encrypted networks. Panther 10.3 and Tiger 10.4 have always worked with every WiFi network I have joined on my iBook and other Macs with Airport.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.