DVD's Won't Mount!

Reaction score
We recently purchased a Power Mac G5. It has tiger installed on it version 10.4.10. I am able to view DVD Movies just fine but as soon as I insert a DVD+R it starts spitting out the DVD+R.

I tried to install the superdrive firmware update however I get a message that says "My software does not need to be updated."

Please help!!!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Am a relative newb and not familiar with the G5 at all.

But, doing a quick search, the couple of places I found that listed the specs of the 'SuperDrive' listed it as DVD-R & CD-R. Also found a couple of reviews that said it worked with DVD-R but couldn't get it to work with DVD+R.

My guess from this is that the drive is a DVD-R drive only and does not have the capabilty of writing to DVD+R discs. There were many drives manufactured for quite awhile that only worked with one or the other types.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.