should i buy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2.4ghz 15"
hey guys im pretty new to mac but since i completed a sound engineering course i became hooked. i decided ti invest in a laptop and my friend has one of the core 2 duo models (2.33ghz) and he uses it for intense video editing. im just wondering should i buy the new 2.22ghz santa rose model??... or would a macbook do.. i should add that i find the pro incredibly sexy. just the price seems steep seen as i dont "really" need that kind of laptop. is this a stupid thread??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.4Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 160Gb HDD, 8600M GT, iPod Classic 80Gb
What do you want to use your laptop for? If it's just general use then go for a MacBook.

Reaction score
I just got my mbp this morning and love it. If you are just working with sound, you wont see a huge difference between the mb and mbp. The biggest difference is the screen size and video card. If you ever want to do things in 3d, get the pro for the video card. I went for the pro because i wanted the screen size. But the regular macbook is a good value by comparison and would probably suit you well.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2.4ghz 15"
well i would like the option of 3D editing. but one of my main gripes is the lack of dedicated graphics card in the macbook. something like 64mb shared is really accetable to me. i wouldnt want to take away from the main systems memory. and i would like the extra screen size.. its just me but i would prefer something that i could live with for a while and if the pro will "last" longer in future performance stakes then i would go for it. upgradeable to 4GB ram sounds nice for when i need the extra power...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
yes, you should buy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.