• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

New iWork Question

Reaction score
Hey, im curious to know if anyone knows anything about the new iWork i have heard it is to have spreadsheet on. But apple seem to be keeping quiet about it, are they going to release leopard then start work on the new iWork or what?? I can't find anywhere about it, i read one article saying it was to come out start of 2007 what happened??? Thanks

Adam :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Apple have said nothing about it at all. So nothing official to say. So nothing 'true' to say.

OP
A
Reaction score
mmmm i see!! Well I am geting a new MB when leopard come out but i wanted to get it with iLife 07 and iWork 07, from what i undertsand iLife 07 is coming out before leopard so i should get iLife but i suppose i will ust have to wait unitl iWork!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
THey are coming out with a new iLife----07? why dont they wait the extra 2 months and name it iLife 08?

OP
A
Reaction score
well yes thats what i thought: or at least wait till threy have completed the new iWork and bring them out together? I think they are going to bring iLife before/with leopard tho!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM + 20" ACD
THey are coming out with a new iLife----07? why dont they wait the extra 2 months and name it iLife 08?

My thoughts exactly- Apple never signed a contract guaranteeing a new iLife and iWork every year. I guess they just did that in the beginning for a few years because they kept adding big things (like, say, Garageband). Now that the basics are there, big features are taking longer because there is so much to update in addition to new stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
They need to update iChat... the video chat doesnt work all the time with people and varies depending on network compatibility sykpe ALWAYS WORKS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
I'd much rather download patches and other small dl's than have to pay for a new viersion just to get one or two features....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20" 2GB/250GB; MacBook 2.0GHz - 1Gb/80GB; iPod (video)60Gb

And yet MS Office 2008 for Mac is coming out in Aug/ Sep 2007!;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

They never said it would be called iLife 2007. As a matter of fact, they haven't even said what it will be called or even when it will be out. At this point, everything is just a rumor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
And yet MS Office 2008 for Mac is coming out in Aug/ Sep 2007!;D

No, that also hasn't been announced. Considering Office 2008 hasn't even hit beta yet, I really, really doubt an August/September release.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16GHZ C2D,120 GB HDD 3GB Ram
apple allways keep quiet about things anyways he he. best part about them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
most annoying aswell...

I'd rather Jobs unveil a stonking new iMac in August than read about it's specs piecemeal on rumour sites. It's more exciting, and I don't even want the thing.

Gav

Reaction score
@The guy who mentioned iChat, there is a new version coming with Leopard.

As for iWork, I believe that there probably will be a new Leopard only one, with Core Animation (keynote + core animation :D).

You could always use NeoOffice until then, heck - you could even use Apple Works!!

Reaction score
Also, Office 2008 Beta testing is private. Not downloadable to the public.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I don't really know why people keep asking about a new version of iLife - we don't know what it'll be called, when it'll be released, or, more importantly, what will be in it. Is there some uber-new feature we're all waiting for?

Like Schweb says, Apple aren't required to release a new version of everything each year, without fail. Let them release it when they're ready. Your existing software works perfectly well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.