Windows updates

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2 ghz mbp, 2 gb of ram, 128 mb Vram
Hi all,
I plan on installing XP pro onto my macbook. After i install it will xp download updates/ is it necessary for me to download the updates. My copy of xp is sp2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
As long as you have automatic updates setup to download updates, then it should work just fine.

Keep in mind that installing Windows on your Mac will have it run exactly the same as it would on any regular computer.

OP
wolfpackmac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2 ghz mbp, 2 gb of ram, 128 mb Vram
But it is not necessary to have updates for windows to run succesfully. Correct?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Well, you should update Windows so as to prevent spyware/hackers from getting into your system. Just because it's running on a Mac doesn't mean it's impervious.

Like I said before, Windows on a Mac is still Windows. So if you need to secure a regular Windows computer, you'll need to do the same for Windows on your Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Yeah, I agree with Kash.

One of the things that drives me out of my mind with Windows even through Parallels on my MacBook is that when I am working on it and I wanna shut it down it says I have to wait till it finishes installing the updates (one time there were 64 of them :Shouting:)

But yeah you still need it to make sure that Windows Runs properly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.