On my new MBP right now!

Reaction score
So I literally opened the box to my MBP about 10 minutes ago, and let me say that the first impression is very positive. I was almost shocked that it connected to a wireless network I didn't even know I had...right out of the box. I've been a windows user for many years, and bought the MBP for recording and Pro Tools, but I can already tell that I am going to enjoy my "switch". I am super impressed by the screen and overall design. Now...can someone link me to some guides on how to do simple tasks like install firefox :) Thanks!

Reaction score
congratulations on your new purchase, what are the specifications of your new baby?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
very nice link

OP
A
Reaction score
I got the 2.4ghz 15 inch MPB with the Geforce 8600GT. Just got the stock 2 gb of ram, but plan to upgrade in the future. I am loving this thing. First mac AND first laptop I've ever owned.

I have been creeping around this forum for the past couple months, and have watched way too many youtube MBP openings. I am glad I finally have mine and look forward to using this thing to record my bands EP. Its Great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4 (tiger) 24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 1Gb Ram, 320Gb Hard Drive, (leopard)
congrats on the new purchase, hope you enjoy it, which im sure you will,

keep us posted on your switch.

OP
A
Reaction score
So far so good. First question though, how do I get rid of widgets that don't have the little "i" on them. I tried draggin it to the trash, but no luck.

nvm, figured it out.

T

todd51

Congrats on the Mac, and congrats on your first laptop. I don't know if I will ever go back to a desktop. Unless I have enough money to own a desktop AND a laptop..I love the portability. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
Congrats on the Mac, and congrats on your first laptop. I don't know if I will ever go back to a desktop. Unless I have enough money to own a desktop AND a laptop..I love the portability. :)

I agree completely! I was just saying that the other day... who needs a desktop anymore for everyday computing? (excluding gamers, graphic designers, video editors, etc.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.