Problem with Mac Cube

Reaction score
I've been having problems with the network basically. I can't print, others can't see my computer and when I try to connect to another computer it stays forever thinking without making the connection.

I had OS 10.3.1 installed and the guys from support told me that it was a problem with the OS. I installed OS 10.3.9 and the problem seemed to stop.

That was 2 weeks ago and now it started again.

Is it a system problem or a network problem?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz blackbook ,g4 cube, powerbook g4, 8gb iphone
I've been having problems with the network basically. I can't print, others can't see my computer and when I try to connect to another computer it stays forever thinking without making the connection.

I had OS 10.3.1 installed and the guys from support told me that it was a problem with the OS. I installed OS 10.3.9 and the problem seemed to stop.

That was 2 weeks ago and now it started again.

Is it a system problem or a network problem?

Thanks

....i just got my cube and it was'nt working right either....i changed the ram, and it worked good as new...im not a pro in the field but why dont you upgrade the os?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube 450Mhz 1Gb Ram, iBook G4 1.2Ghz 1.25Gb RAM
My cube is running on OS X 10.4.10
And it's running like a dream.. it has 512Mb Ram.. but will be soon upgrading to 1.25Gb... these are good lil' machines.. try upgrading the OS again and get back to us how it goes..

M

MacHeadCase

As was suggested by Finx_1, try reapplying the 10.3.9 Combo Update from Apple's Support/Downloads website.

Repair the disk permissions first, unplug all unnecessary peripherals, restart and install.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube 450Mhz 1Gb Ram, iBook G4 1.2Ghz 1.25Gb RAM
As was suggested by Finx_1, try reapplying the 10.3.9 Combo Update from Apple's Support/Downloads website.

Repair the disk permissions first, unplug all unnecessary peripherals, restart and install.

Yea...
a good way of clearing all cashe's, permissions and peripherals is with onyx... It just consolidates everything into 1 application so you dont have to go sifting through the whole computer...
The only thing it doesn't do is the house work.. LOL

And it's free to download!!!!!

Can't really get much better then that!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.