turn of spell-check in camino?

eCh

Reaction score
hey,i am using camino as a webbrowser now, and i can´t find where i turn of the spell checking. can someone help me out? i have been looking around,but can´t find it. oh well, maybe i am just blind O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 80GB 2GHz C2D 1GB RAM | iPod Nano 3G 8GB
I don't know if you can turn it off, because it isn't using its own spell-checker, it's using the Mac OS X one. I certainly haven't found a way to turn it off. Besides, why would you want to turn it off?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP
In most of the Cocoa-based applications, you just right-click in the text-box and select Spelling -> Check Spelling as you type (and make sure that option is un-checked).

I don't see that option in Camino however, so presumably they rolled their own text box control. I also see no option for turning off spell-check. Frankly, I think having spell-check built in to nearly every OSX application is one of the (immeasurable) things that sets the Mac way ahead of Windows, so I can't imagine turning it off either (unless I was using a web-interface for building code, in which case I could see it being quite irritating).

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I see no way to turn it off. It's not like other applications where you can uncheck "check spelling as you type". Reading the help right now and see no way. If the underlined words bug you, for now I guess just ignore it. I wish I can offer more help, but so far every where I look says the same thing.

To correct the spelling you CTRL-Click on the misspelled word.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 80GB 2GHz C2D 1GB RAM | iPod Nano 3G 8GB
Or you could try spelling correctly...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.