VAT return-Online store (UK)

Reaction score
hi guys.

i am planning 2 get a new MacBook & since I will be leaving Europe for a couple of days, I will be able to get the VAT tax refund (better price for my first macbook!!!). I reckon I can probably get the VAT refund form if I get the Mac directly from the store.

Was just wondering how do I deal with it if I get it from the online store..

Anyone that have had this experience? Just wanna see if anyone do before I ask apple themself.

Reaction score
not sure if you've left yet, and not an expert on european taxes, but if you are VISITING europe and you purchase there, you should be able to get VAT refunded. If you LIVE there and are going out of the country on vacation, you can't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
This sounds very dodgy. I don't see how you can claim tax back just because you're going on holiday. If you buy it when you're outside of Europe then you won't have to pay any VAT on it (but will have to pay import tax in whichever country you ship it to, although since you're not a citizen of that country it might be refundable).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.