icons disappearing on top bar with big apps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Core2Duo, 2.33Ghz, 2GB Ram, 15.4"
Hi everyone

Sorry I don't know the official name for the bar at the top of the screen that shows all the menu items and clock etc.

When I use programs like Maya which have tons of menus they overlap all the icons like bluetooth, airport and the clock, is there a way of getting the clock back when this happens so I can use maya and still see the clock?
Thanks
Simon :)

M

MacHeadCase

I don't know the solution to your problem but I think I know why this happens: the menubar items are probably pushed out by Maya's own items and since you have limited screen real estate they have nowhere else to go but disappear. So me thinks it is in Maya's programming.

What you could try is reduce to the maximum the menubar items (all except the clock and mandatory items). It's not a very elegant solution I admit, but it might be enough for your needs.

And this is a MacOSXHints article that tells you how to Make the Spotlight menu bar icon invisible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
Sorry I don't know the official name for the bar at the top of the screen that shows all the menu items and clock etc.

Take a guess. ;p

As for your question:

1) Well, you could always make the screen resolution higher.

2) By holding Command (Apple), you can drag the Menu Extras (the icons on the top right) left and right to re-arrange them.
You can also drag them off the Menu Bar to remove them.
Drag the ones that you want to always show up to the right side.
If the clock is still hidden by menus even when it's at the rightmost position, then you'd have to do #1.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.