Just ordered my new Powerbook!!!

OP
W

wickedbusa

My Powerbook has shipped!!!! Yeeeee haaaaaaaaa! Two days of delivery time and that bad boy is here, just in time for my vacation from work. That gives me lots of time to play with it.

OP
M

mac_donalds

nicholas said:
Hey wickedbusa, high five! you and i now have exactly the same computer, exact configurations and all. I bought a 1GB RAM stick from crucial when they were selling them for $439 a pop. Currently they're $478 or something...

I have heard that the new Powerbooks have problems with more than 1 Gb of ram. Does anyone know about this? :confused:

OP
W

wickedbusa

mac_donalds said:
I have heard that the new Powerbooks have problems with more than 1 Gb of ram. Does anyone know about this? :confused:
Interesting question. Hopefully someone will answer before I go out and max out my RAM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
wickedbusa said:
Interesting question. Hopefully someone will answr before I go out and max out my RAM.
I have heard nothing of the sort, and I spend time in Apple discussions now and then ;)

OP
W

wickedbusa

Here is a dumb question. Does Apple manufacture Powerbooks in China? I tracked my Powerbook and according to Fed Ex, the package is in "Shanghai CN". That's China, right? I find it funny that I had to pay taxes on the Powerbook even though it was made in another country. Is it because Apple is in California that I got dinged for the tax? Weird.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.