• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

$225k for a parking spot....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
That's just stupid. It's cheaper to just park 24/7 in a parking garage nearby than in one of these ridiculously overpriced spots. Some people just have too much money and not enough sense...

OP
jotdess
Reaction score
That's just stupid. It's cheaper to just park 24/7 in a parking garage nearby than in one of these ridiculously overpriced spots. Some people just have too much money and not enough sense...

Yup, couldn't agree with you more. Sad thing is that there is a waiting list. :$

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Lol! It's funny. When I saw the thread title, I thought, "It's probably real, and it's probably NYC." It is, and it is. It's also at a place with $2.2 million apartments.

Frankly my sense would be that mostly you don't need a car in NYC. For those times when you need a car, rent one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
I am on the waiting list :D

OP
jotdess
Reaction score
Lol! It's funny. When I saw the thread title, I thought, "It's probably real, and it's probably NYC." It is, and it is. It's also at a place with $2.2 million apartments.

Frankly my sense would be that mostly you don't need a car in NYC. For those times when you need a car, rent one.

Haha nice. Yeah, my sister lives there and I was looking at real estate over there. I was shocked haha. They had a car, but it was about $1k to store every month so they sold it.
I am on the waiting list :D

Hahaha sure you are. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
OH Man, NYC parking. One part I don't miss about working in the City :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
if you own a 2.2 million dollar apartment you probably have a car that is extremely expensive as well....why would you want that sucker parked in just any old parking spot or on the street? NYC is one of the most expensive places in the world to live, so i dont find that dollar amount too unreasonable for a very wealthy person to park their bentley

plus if you live there your entire life your spot will eventually pay for itself, like it has been noted 1,000 a month for a garage is about the average. if you live there for 20 years you will spend 225K+ to park your car
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
if its that much for the spot, wonder how much it costs to be on the waiting list haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.