• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

TOS: OK lawyers, what does this mean to me

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You authorize and grant permission for the xyz Software to utilize the processor and bandwidth of your computational equipment and facilities for the limited purpose of facilitating the communication between, and transmittal of data, content, services or features, to you and other users.

Combined with:

You understand that the xyz Softwares include appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect the privacy and integrity of the computational facilities utilized by you as a plasq user; however, you acknowledge and agree that plasq cannot give any warranties in this respect.

Does this mean I am giving them permission to access files on my computer and use my computer and bandwidth as a server for their use?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
Sounds to me like they're saying at the end that they do provide security for your information, but they are not liable if it is lost or stolen.

Or someone thinks that a thesarus can solve anything. I say we call them "Joey" from now on. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.