Wait until Oct. to get Powerbooks?

Reaction score
My wife and I are soon purchasing MacBook Pros for the both of us. Both 15" models and I'm going to get the beefier of the two for myself as I have quite a desire to get into video editing - especially with kids soon on the horizon. I've been reading as much as I can lately about Macs and it's my understanding that the new version of OS X is coming out in October. Ideally we'd like to get these powerbooks before October. Any reason why we should wait besides the obvious that I won't have to buy it later?

T

todd51

I don't see any reason to wait if you don't mind buying Leopard later on. I probably wouldn't be able to wait myself and want to start playing around with it, learning the OS and all.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
My wife and I are soon purchasing MacBook Pros for the both of us. Both 15" models and I'm going to get the beefier of the two for myself as I have quite a desire to get into video editing - especially with kids soon on the horizon. I've been reading as much as I can lately about Macs and it's my understanding that the new version of OS X is coming out in October. Ideally we'd like to get these powerbooks before October. Any reason why we should wait besides the obvious that I won't have to buy it later?

Not really. If you need the machines now, buy them. If there's something in Leopard that is a "must have" feature, you can always upgrade later. The process is much more straightforward than it is with Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Sorry, pet hate, they're called MacBook Pros now...for some reason you called them both that and PowerBook...huh.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.