power book switch over questions

Reaction score
ok so i have been looking at a mac for video editing. I am a high school student and have taken 2 years of video and it has finaly convinced me to get a mac because we use final cut to edit on. i do have a few questions. first off i have a maxtel 120gb external hard drive and want to know if it will work on a mac. I have many windows files i would like to keep on it also and wondering if there is a way to partion the drive so i can have a windows and a mac drive setup and have it work on both. Second question is if my dad's D-link wireless router will work with airport extreme. my last question is if the prices for the power books are gonna come down at all because the set up i am looking at is around $4k

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You hard drive (I think you mean Maxtor) will work with Mac's but it is going to be Read-Only unless you reformat it. I don't think you can have a windows partition and a mac partition.

Yes AE will work with a d-link router

Wait until after WWDC which is at the end of june and there may be some upgrades to the systems but the prices will most likely stay the same just with upgraded components

OP
K
Reaction score
yeah thats what i ment thanks. I just remebered one other question. Has anyone used final cut express and final cut HD and can explain the differances between the two and whether or not its worth paying the extra couple hundred dollars for HD. thanks alot everyone i have a feeling i am going to be very happy with my power book as soon as i can get the mola for it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.