screencaps?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
you know how there is the print screen button on winblows..how do you do a screencap on a mac?

there are a few ways... apple + shift + 3 capture the whole screen, apple + shift + 4 will give you a crosshair to select what you want to screenshot, and apple + shift + 4 (and then after pressing 4, press space) will let you screen shot a selected window... choose your option (oh, btw if you wanna lend me some rep that would be cool) (also I am hammered drunk right now and could hardly type this...)

oh btw, windows does blow

OP
M
Reaction score
haha thanks, lend you rep...? and uh, glad to see the alcohol hasn't affected your brain too badly. being drunk and on mac forums seems fun I guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OSX v10.5
there are a few ways... apple + shift + 3 capture the whole screen, apple + shift + 4 will give you a crosshair to select what you want to screenshot, and apple + shift + 4 (and then after pressing 4, press space) will let you screen shot a selected window... choose your option (oh, btw if you wanna lend me some rep that would be cool) (also I am hammered drunk right now and could hardly type this...)

oh btw, windows does blow

Can you reprogram the keys? Apple+Shift+4+Space seems a little ridiculous to capture a window.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Can you reprogram the keys? Apple+Shift+4+Space seems a little ridiculous to capture a window.

I can do it with one hand and without even thinking about it. You don't hit the SPACE till later. You hit APPLE+Shift+4 then point at the window you want and hit Space and it highlights it.

I can do it faster than I can even say the keys out loud.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.