• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Gears of War and UnReal Tournament for MAC!!!

Reaction score
HOLY MAC GAMING BATMAN!

I sold my XBox 360 a few weeks ago and gave up on ever playing Gears of War ever again, but then..

BOOM!!!

Gears of War, the hit third-person action game, is bound for the Mac along with Unreal Tournament 3, Epic Games vice president and co-founder Mark Rein revealed to Game Trailers.

In the interview with Geoff Keighley of Spike TV’s “Game Head” show (available for viewing in QuickTime format at Gametrailers.com), Rein let the news of a Mac version of Gears of War slip out.

Gears of War is a third-person action game with elements of tactics and horror. The game puts you in the role of Marcus Fenix as he fights against the “Locust Horde,” a nightmarish horde of creatures. It’s powered by Epic’s Unreal Engine 3, which is being used to develop Unreal Tournament 3—formerly known as Unreal Tournament 2007—which is slated for a Christmas 2007 debut on some game platforms.

You can read the rest here:
http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/07/16/gearsofwar/index.php?lsrc=mwrss

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
It will only be worth it if they aren't run via Cider.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
It will only be worth it if they aren't run via Cider.

Exactly, after the EA letdown, I don't want to get my hopes up too fast. That little omission of information was pretty deceptive IMHO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro: 2.2 gHz, 120gb, glossy. STOLEN :(
What exactly is Cider? Is it like some gaming port through Mac?
GoW sounds great on mac, but I doubt the graphics would be xbox360-wise

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
What kind of specs to play? Do I have any shot with a 2.0 core 2 duo 2 gig macbook?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.