Can you recommend a good internal Hard drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 1.25, 1 MB RAM
Hi. Can anyone recommend a good serial ATA hard drive for a Powermac G5? 400-500 GB, or so. To be used as a 2nd internal drive for video editing.
Thanks.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi. Can anyone recommend a good serial ATA hard drive for a Powermac G5? 400-500 GB, or so. To be used as a 2nd internal drive for video editing.
Thanks.

I highly recommend Seagate products. Performance among 3.5" SATA hard drives doesn't vary significantly, so my chief consideration is how much confidence the manufacturer has in their product. The warranty length makes that evident. I believe Seagate is the only manufacturer offering a 5 year warranty on all of their products. They also tend to be extremely quiet. Check out the ST3500641AS-RK with NCQ (native command queuing). It runs around $150.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'09 8-core MacPro | '12 MBA | iPad 2 16GB | iPhone 5C 16GB
Macsales has a 500GB 7200RPM Maxtor drive for $99. I was considering buying 2 of them for a G5 upgrade project I'm planning... Ya might want to check those out if you're still looking.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.