The long wait....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
So I've decided to buy an iMac, but I want to wait until the new ones come out, along with the new iLife and iWork... now I just have to wait!!!! I'm getting impatient... I am hoping that the iMacs will come out after the free printer offer expires... oh I hope, I hope... It'll be my first personal mac that I can do whatever with, and I just can't wait!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro Quad 2.8 w/ 8800GT / Black MacBook 2.16 C2D
Then don't wait... buy a mac today! you will be glad you did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP - 2.2GHz C2D, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD, GeForce 8600M GT w/ 128MB DDR3
I am in the same situation, but if you don't absolutely need the machine right now, why not wait for (most importantly) Leopard and all the new versions of other Apple software that will probably be released circa Leopard and you will more than likely get, as a bonus, better hardware.

-B

Edit: One of the reasons for this strategy in my case is I am a college student, so I'd like to get the most bang for my buck as far as getting a new system goes. That means newest versions of most software instead of buying all of it shortly before the new stuff comes out. It costs money (even w/ the apple student discount ;) ) to upgrade all that stuff!

Reaction score
I'll be buying our families 2nd Mac when Leopard comes out. My wife will be upgrading from her Dell to a MacBook. Who knows what features will come out on the new notebooks but I figure its one less upgrade license I'll have to pay for if I buy a Mac now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
Y wait? the rumor mill says an "aluminum" imac is in the pipeline for release before the end of the year - other than leopard, what "major" feature will the new models have that will outshine the models now?

I say if you really really really want one, go buy one :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Unless you have any problems with the current ones, buy now!!! Who knows, the next ones could be made to look like cardboard boxes for all we know.

OP
kuklachica
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
I'm mainly waiting for the updated iLife/iWork. I don't want to buy '06 stuff when it's '07 now and the updates are just around the corner (fingers crossed). I also want to see what the new iMacs look like. The current ones remind me too much of work (teaching), but if the new ones are ugly, I'll buy a refurbed "chin" one.

Reaction score
im 100% percent sure that only a few weeks after the special they have now of the free ipod for students and free printer, which ends on september the new imacs wil be release and that they woill probably come with Leopard installed. would be cool if they release the new iMacs on the same day as leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM + 20" ACD
Honestly, I don't expect there to ever be iLife / iWork '07. I wouldn't mind being wrong, but why release the '07 editions only a few months before 2008? I predict iLife / iWork '08 at Macworld, with updates every two years after that.

One year = one release just doesn't make sense for all software.

Reaction score
Latest rumors have the new iMacs coming out August 7. I can't see any harm in waiting to see if the rumors are true. I personally waited a couple months for the MBPs to get updated, and am happy I did.

As for the software updates, I too am eager to see a new iLife, iWork, and, oddly enough, I'm intrigued by what Apple may have up it's sleeve with .Mac... That Leopard might be something to see too. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.