• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Just got a NEW job...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
Well, I hated my old summer job and decided to quit, anyway I just got hired for a new one. The new one sounds like it should be awesome. I am working at a place called telecommunications as an iPod/iTunes customer service representative, you know, the ones you call when you have a problem. It should be pretty cool... When I have 4 weeks off of school I am gonna go through the 4 week training program to be certified to take calls for all apples software and computers instead of just ipods and itunes. Thought I would let all know, since it is apple related.

Ste

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
i also just got a job, im going to be a line cook at Rimbrant's in the Bluff View Art District. But no one here is from chatt-town so no one knows what im talking about. Sounds like your job will be lots of fun, good luck!

Reaction score
Good / Bad Jobs "for me"

Bad one
"early day in my teen years"
Auto part depot "Warehouse/Forklift Worker"

Good one
"young adult"
Construction worker "carpenter / electrician
"adult"
still doing construction

the company that i use work for the orginal owner was cool but is suck when he died and left to his son "and is just got worst and worst"

is got bad last years when after the 4th of july weekend and i show up after a 4 day weekend and to find out "20 people and half of my friend were laid off" for dumb reason and were replace by "no or little english illegal mexican" and it suck and i have ENOUGHT so after 10yrs of service i left this company "last years in 06"

so now i work for another construction company "who my father know the owner" that got me this jobs and i'm happy here "better hour and better pay" and a company vans :eek:

Ps:my old company are being investigate by the FBI & INS for shady business pratices "i hope they go to jail" :Evil:

OP
ste6168
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
Bad one
"early day in my teen years"
Auto part depot "Warehouse/Forklift Worker"

Good one
"young adult"
Construction worker "carpenter / electrician
"adult"
still doing construction

the company that i use work for the orginal owner was cool but is suck when he died and left to his son "and is just got worst and worst"

is got bad last years when after the 4th of july weekend and i show up after a 4 day weekend and to find out "20 people and half of my friend were laid off" for dumb reason and were replace by "no or little english illegal mexican" and it suck and i have ENOUGHT so after 10yrs of service i left this company "last years in 06"

so now i work for another construction company "who my father know the owner" that got me this jobs and i'm happy here "better hour and better pay" and a company vans :eek:

Ps:my old company are being investigate by the FBI & INS for shady business pratices "i hope they go to jail" :Evil:

yeah, hey if thats your living then by all means quit, but honestly this is only a summer job and the first one that I have had without living with my parents... it is honestly something I needed to learn how to do and am actually glad I failed and decided to quit, before i got fired. This is the first job that I quit for personal reasons (they act like a $800 dollar, or two, summer classes arent important)... usually I quit becuase I got a new job or I honestly cant work anymore cause of school/project reasons. Whatever happens, I WILL be a teahcer within 1 1/2 years and will NOT fail... I will teach any, maybe some of your, students and kids more about technology than they care to know (since I am a Technology Education Teacher and all).

Ste

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Congrats on the new job! :)

Reaction score
Congrats! Everyone should be lucky enough to do what they want. I was lucky enough to spend 11 years at Disney driving boats. I was in seventh heaven - it was not work for me - I went there to play each day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Congrats ste6168 on the new job! Sounds cool. Congrats too ibookclamman300 on your new job! Now I'm hungry.

PapaNoHair, must have been a fun job! Which boats? I may have ridden on one of them. ^_^ Love Disney.

Reaction score
PapaNoHair, must have been a fun job! Which boats? I may have ridden on one of them. ^_^ Love Disney.

All the ones at the Magic Kingdom (Florida) that went between the hotels and the Kingdom as well as the large ferryboat that takes people from the parking lot and back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
wow, how cool :)

I've worked many different retail jobs...grocery industry for 5 years, video store manager for 3...

Was a pizza chef for 2 months...totally fun...

Worked as a Customer Service/Retail Support then Brand Manager for a game company for 5 years...and now, well y'all know what I do now. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.