What is "Episode ID"?

Reaction score
In iTunes there is a field called "Episode ID". I've been using MetaX to add meta tags to tv shows I rip, such as season, episode number and cover art. What is the episode id field for, and is it necessary? The only thing I can think of it being is the production code the producers used while making the episode, but that's just a guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram
I think it is the description of the episode....for instance x falls in love with y. My interpretation at least.

OP
Y
Reaction score
I believe that goes in description. It looks like there's only enough space for a few words in the ID field.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
In iTunes there is a field called "Episode ID". I've been using MetaX to add meta tags to tv shows I rip, such as season, episode number and cover art. What is the episode id field for, and is it necessary? The only thing I can think of it being is the production code the producers used while making the episode, but that's just a guess.

I thought it was the episode number? Unless there's already a space for that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.