Help- Iomega external hard drive

Reaction score
I'm looking for an external hardrive to store photos and general backup for my pre-Intel G5 iMac. I'm considering the "Iomega 500GB Triple InterfaceProfessional Silver Series Desktop Hard Drive".
http://tinyurl.com/2dr22c
I'm not very savvy about this stuff so any information regarding compatibility and reliability is most welcome.
I'm hoping to stay under $200 (I've seen the Iomega for about $175).
Is there a different hard drive I should be looking at?

Thanks,
Gary

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'm looking for an external hardrive to store photos and general backup for my pre-Intel G5 iMac. I'm considering the "Iomega 500GB Triple InterfaceProfessional Silver Series Desktop Hard Drive".
http://tinyurl.com/2dr22c
I'm not very savvy about this stuff so any information regarding compatibility and reliability is most welcome.
I'm hoping to stay under $200 (I've seen the Iomega for about $175).
Is there a different hard drive I should be looking at?

Thanks,
Gary

There's a ton of them out there. I would suggest sticking with one that has a Firewire interface option. Just about any external hard drive should work, it doesn't need to specifically say "Mac compatible". Personally, I like Seagate products because they have a 5-year warranty, which says a lot about the confidence they have in their product. I don't think any other manufacturer has such a nice warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Moved to correct forum

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.