PC to MAC webcam

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to properly talk using a PC and a MAC webcam? My brother has a MAC with I think its called isight ( the internal webcam) and he bought me the Logitech Quick Cam for my PC so we could talk and see each other. Are there specific settings? I've allowed him in through my firewall and he has done what needs to be done apparently still not working. We are both using AIM to connect. Any and all ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a bunch!
Mary

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Does anyone know how to properly talk using a PC and a MAC webcam? My brother has a MAC with I think its called isight ( the internal webcam) and he bought me the Logitech Quick Cam for my PC so we could talk and see each other. Are there specific settings? I've allowed him in through my firewall and he has done what needs to be done apparently still not working. We are both using AIM to connect. Any and all ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a bunch!
Mary

Have him try iChat instead of AIM. AIM for Mac is pretty awful - it shouldn't be a problem with iChat (which is built in and has the capability to connect to the AIM network).

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply and I did check and he is using ichat. Any other suggestions that I may be over looking? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I know that when I am looking at iChat it shows my AIM buddy list but not all buddies support Video Conferencing.

I personally Use Skype to keep in touch with my Parents and I bought them the same camera like yours. Skype is Rockin' great Audio Video. its free to download www.skype.com

Hope that helps

OP
M
Reaction score
Oh cool then. we shall try. so should I tell my brother to download skype as well and me? Thanks for the advice!

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks so much MinaMACMan! Skype literally took only 5 minutes to get us both up and running. I still need to do my tweaks on my end, but WOW you’re awesome! ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.