Transfering to new HD

Reaction score
Hi all,

I currently have a 50GB hd in my Macbook, but have bought a new 250GB hd.

I need to clone my existing drive to the new, but I have run into a problem... I also run bootcamp and therefore have a windows partition, that nothing seems to be able to copy over? (have tried CC and SuperDoper)...

Is there any program out there that can shift the whole lot?

I have at my disposal, a Sata to USB/Firewire enclosure, and tons of PC's and the like...

Much appreciated..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 w/4 gigs, Mac Pro Dual Quad 2.8's with 16 gigs of Ram, iMac 21" i5
I believe that Drive Genius will clone the entire drive, but I have only used it on a Mac to Mac transfer. Check it out, it might help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 w/4 gigs, Mac Pro Dual Quad 2.8's with 16 gigs of Ram, iMac 21" i5
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 1GB RAM, 160GB HD, Intel Core Duo, 13" Display
Worked for me...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Weird, works for me. Anyway, the app is called Carbon Copy Cloner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook white 13' Core 2 duo 2.0 Ghz, 1.5 G Ram, 160 GB Hard Drive
I recently upgraded my macbook from an 80 GB to 160 GB and used the program called Super Duper.

I have read several reviews and it seems to be the best, here is an article about it.

http://lifehacker.com/software/how-to/backup-your-mac-272211.php

I used Super Duper and it was able to clone my start up disk including without any issues. I placed the image to my new hard drive and everything was fine. My windows XP on Parallels even worked fine. However, i did not install it on the BootCamp partition.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.