microsoft word: attaching image = red X

Reaction score
Okay for some reason when I attach my company's logo in Microsoft word it comes up as a large red X. The picture is saved as a .jpg and when i click on it it opens up in preview just fine. if i save the document and send it to a windows machine the picture shows up on there but here is my problem. If attach the image on my mac i get the red and and if i print i get the red x printed but if i send it to a windows machine it prints just fine. I was wondering if this is a preferences problem with word or something else? anyone else had this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Are you attaching the actual image, or a url to an image on the internet?

OP
B
Reaction score
im attaching the actual image that is saved as a .jpg file. other images work but this particular image does not show up and it is not over or undersized, it is just out company logo. if you need anymore information let me know

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Try opening it in Preview and then save as something else (tiff, png file...).

OP
B
Reaction score
okay it worked when i saved it as a .gif, but what should I do when other people in the office send me letters and other documents with our logo on it because it will show up as the red X and I dont want to find the exact logo they have there and re-save it as a .gif and then try to resize it to what they have in the document. is there a better way for it to recognize this image? and why is it giving me a red X

Reaction score
What version of MS Word are you viewing these documents in?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.