bootcamp & parallels - same things ?

Reaction score
I was a Mac convert but have not been on Mac since I was given a PC notebook a couple of years back.

When my PC notebook went dead last week, I went out and got myself a MacBook Pro.

I intend to use it for my work (but my IT guys told me they do not know how to support it since they run a Windows environment.)

Have installed Bootcamp w/ Windows XP Pro and then Parallels. However, IT guys did not allow me to access my network via XP unless I had anti-virus which I later downloaded.

Now the question is - are stuff in WinXP harddisk viewable from both Bootcamp and Parallels ? If yes, how is that I cannot see the anti-virus program which I downloaded into Bootcamp from Parallels?

If it is different, does it mean I would also need to download anti-virus into Parallels ?

Thanks for helping out on my questions as I want to use Mac to access the MS Exchange Service for my work and need to convince my IT guys that they need not worry about me "busting their system".

OP
M
Reaction score
you got it fixed - on your own ...

I think that's the magic of Mac OS, most probably you can find the answers on your own most of the time and fix it. I answered my own question playing with the Mac OS.:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.