Trackpad Uneven Surface

Reaction score
Hello all:
I've noticed that the Trackpad on my MacBook does not sit properly.
The upper middle portion of the Trackpad bends up to be higher than the recess and is therefore unevenly stuck down. If I push it down, it'll level out but will slowly pop back up again after a few minutes.
The computer is only 8 days old and I highly doubt this is a common defect.
A couple of days ago I took the MacBook to the Apple store from which it was bought. One of the individuals at the repair desk pushed it back in and said all would be well and I didn't pay much attention to it until today.
In any case, they're going to try to repair this but if I persist but can I really return it for a new one?
I got a free 4GB Ipod Nano deal (rebate, with the purchase of a MacBook) and am thinking it'll be void if I return this specific computer as all the information in the rebate pertained to this specific model.
Thanks in advance.
-George

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
I would take it back again, It shouldn't affect your Nano rebate, maybe check with them to confirm.

OP
A
Reaction score
I would take it back again, It shouldn't affect your Nano rebate, maybe check with them to confirm.

I'm just thinking that when they run all the information on the rebate form regarding this computer, it'll show up as "returned" and will therefore, void the deal. Hopefully not.
-George

OP
A
Reaction score
Quick update.
I went to the local Apple store and the Manager replaced it, even though it was considered a "cosmetic" defect - one that does not affect the performance of the computer.
I'm very happy with the second one ;)
-George

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.