Program icon bounces in the dock then goes away.

Reaction score
I have a dmg that all of a sudden stopped working. Whenever I click the icon, it just bounces in the dock for a couple of times and then goes away. I tried restarting.. uninstalling and reinstalling.. cleaning my whole system. Don't know what else to try besides completely reinstalling a fresh copy of OS! Any input or advice on how to get the dmg to catch and start working again would very much be appreciated. Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have a dmg that all of a sudden stopped working. Whenever I click the icon, it just bounces in the dock for a couple of times and then goes away. I tried restarting.. uninstalling and reinstalling.. cleaning my whole system. Don't know what else to try besides completely reinstalling a fresh copy of OS! Any input or advice on how to get the dmg to catch and start working again would very much be appreciated. Thank you.
A fresh copy of the OS won't do a bit of good if the problem is with the app.
What app are you trying to run? Does the .DMG file mount at all?
Where did you get the .DMG from? There might be some help available from the provider.

OP
E
Reaction score
i think its a problem with OS because now my Office 2004 programs are doing the exact same thing. Its spreading.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
I had this problem with MS Office 2004 as well, I have tried everything, from re-installing, deleting the plist files, cleaning user and system cache..etc

Nothing seems to work, does anyone know how to fix it?

I have resorted to buying and installing crossover to run MS Office 2003 for windows...Its Actually faster than MS Office 2004 for mac

I might just wait for MS Office 2008

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Try OpenOffice or NeoOffice. I've never got MS Ofice to run without crashing.

As for the OP, do you have a DMG icon in your dock? In which case double-clicking it will mount the disk image, but won't run the program.

OP
E
Reaction score
Problem fixed. I just ran a full onyx system cleaning and repairing and now everything works beautifully. I think the application caches just needed to be cleared, thats all.

Reaction score
hi there microsoft office on my MBP just stopped responding at all never crashed before but this morning neither word excel or pp would open at all icon just bounces and thats all
any help is appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.16 GHz, 1GB RAM
I've been having the same problem. I've only had my macbook for about a month, so I don't have a lot of experience on it. I've had this problem with 3 different programs at the same time though. I think it might've been after the 10.4.10 update. It has happened with the MS Office trial, photoshop, and Diablo. I've tried reinstalling and everything. I'm gunna try onyx like you did and see what happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.16 GHz, 1GB RAM
I tried onyx and it's still not working. I tried reinstalling Diablo and the installer won't even run. It's just weird that it's happening on 3 different programs and no others. Any other ideas?

Reaction score
I have the same problem which only appeared a few days ago. I remember doing an audio and itunes update but not much else. I have run font cleaning, Yasu and all sorts. I will try onyx? and see what happens.

Reaction score
I have the same problem which only appeared a few days ago. I remember doing an audio and itunes update but not much else. I have run font cleaning, Yasu and all sorts. I will try onyx? and see what happens.
I had the same problem

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.